| Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |
Page 1 of 3
Suggested for ages 2 - 4
- WHEN SOPHIE GETS ANGRY—REALLY, REALLY, ANGRY…
by Molly Bang
- Strong graphic design, bold line and brilliant
colors combine effectively to relate a young
child's anger and the way she works through
her anger - independently - in order to resume
her place in the family.
Subjects: Feelings | Siblings | Sisters
Suggested for ages 7 - 13
- THE PENDERWICKS: A SUMMER TALE OF FOUR SISTERS, TWO RABBITS, AND A VERY INTERESTING BOY
by Jeanne Birdsall
- Four sisters and their father rent a
vacation cottage on an estate owned
by snooty Mrs. Tifton. To her chagrin,
her son Jeffrey adores the girls and
turns to them when his mother
threatens to remarry and ship him off
to boarding school.
Subjects: National Book Award | Single-parent families | Sisters | Vacation
Suggested for ages 10 - 13
- THE SECRET LIFE OF AMANDA K. WOODS
by Ann Cameron
Farrar, Straus & Giroux;ISBN: 0374367027;$16;1998
- Twelve-year-old Amanda, who lives in the shadow of her beautiful older sister, seems unable to live up to her mother’s
expectations. With the help of her father, a new friend, and her growing self-confidence, Amanda shows everyone how
remarkable she really is.
Subjects: Daughters | Mothers | Sisters | Wisconsin
Suggested for ages 4 - 6
- I LOVE YOU, BLUE KANGAROO!
by Emma Chichester Clark
Bantam Doubleday Dell;ISBN: 0385326386;$15.95;1999
- When Lily's bed becomes too crowded for
blue kangaroo, her baby brother gladly
welcomes him, but Lily does NOT think that is
the best solution! Cheerful watercolor and ink
illustrations complement this charming
Subjects: Feelings | Siblings | Sisters | Stuffed Animals | Toys
Suggested for ages 12 - 16
- MANY STONES
by Carolyn Coman
Front Street;ISBN: 1886910553;$15.95;2000
- In this wrenching exploration of an older sister's death, younger daughter Berry visits South Africa with her estranged father and confronts not only the devastation wreaked by political apartheid but also the tragedies within a family that create aparthed of the heart.
Subjects: Fathers and daughters | Grief | Sisters | South Africa
Suggested for ages 11 - 14
- GETTING NEAR TO BABY
by Audrey Couloumbis
- As Willa Jo sits on the roof of her bossy Aunt Patty's house, she slowly
reveals the story of her family's grief at the death of her baby sister.
Told with humor and peopled with unforgettable characters.
Subjects: Newbery Honor | Sisters
Suggested for ages 14 - 18
- JUST LISTEN
by Sarah Dessen
- Lovely Annabel Green seems to have everything until her former best friend accuses her of superficiality, and her sister's eating disorder threatens her carefully created "perfect” world.
Suggested for ages 3 - 6
- HUSH, LITTLE BABY: A FOLKSONG WITH PICTURES
by Marla Frazee
- The familiar folk lullaby is brought to life through
playful pencil and ink illustrations that portray a 19th
century Appalachian family struggling to placate a
squalling baby, only to find that big sister had the
answer all along.
Subjects: Babies | Folk songs | Lullabies | Siblings | Sisters
Page 1 of 3
Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next